NAICS Code Lookup
To use the NAICS code lookup, enter the NAICS code or key phrase into the search box below, and click “submit”. You can also view our NAICS code list, or download a free copy of the 2017 NAICS codes in excel format.
The NAICS code search includes industry classifications created by the “North American Industry Classification System”. These codes are used by businesses and government authorities to differentiate types of business according to their process of production. Applicable territories include the United States of America, Canada, and Mexico. Results from the NAICS code search include a unique page designated for each NAICS classification. Each of these pages contains the following information:
- A six digit NAICS code and general index title.
- Definition of operations including in the scope of business activity for that particular code.
- Illustrative examples of applicable companies that are — and should be — classified with the designated code.
- Cross reference guide for applicable NAICS codes and index listings by the year each list was produced — includes 2002 NAICS, 2007 NAICS, 2012 NAICS, and 2017 NAICS.
- Insurance cross reference guide — showing the suggested classification codes for other types of insurance for companies classified within the designated NAICS code.
Downloadable Files for NAICS Code Lookup
Use the downloadable files below to assist in your search for NAICS codes.
2017 Downloadable Files
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross References (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
NAICS Code Lookup