NAICS Code 926120 – Regulation and Administration of Transportation Programs
Definition of NAICS Code 926120: This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in the administration, regulation, licensing, planning, inspection, and investigation of transportation services and facilities. Included in this industry are government establishments responsible for motor vehicle and operator licensing, the Coast Guard (except the Coast Guard Academy), and parking authorities.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 926120
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Operating airports, railroads, depots, ports, toll roads and bridges, and other transportation facilities–are classified in Sector 48-49, Transportation and Warehousing;
- Operating parking lots and parking garages–are classified in Industry NAICS 812930, Parking Lots and Garages;
- Operating automobile safety inspection and emission testing facilities–are classified in Industry Group 8111, Automotive Repair and Maintenance;
- Building and/or maintaining roads and highways–are classified in Industry NAICS 237310, Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction;
- Providing air traffic control services–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 488111, Air Traffic Control; and
- Operating weigh stations–are classified in Industry NAICS 488490, Other Support Activities for Road Transportation.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 926120
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Aircraft inspection, government
- Coast Guard (except academy)
- Federal Aviation Administration (except air traffic control)
- Licensing of transportation equipment, facilities, and services
- Merchant Marine (except academy)
- Motor carrier licensing and inspection offices
- Motor vehicle licensing offices, government
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Port authorities and districts, nonoperating
- Public transportation commissions, nonoperating
- Railroad and warehouse commissions, nonoperating
- Transit systems and authorities, nonoperating
- Transportation departments, nonoperating
- Transportation regulatory agencies
- Transportation safety programs, government
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 926120
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): N/A
- CA WC: N/A
- DE WC: 996
- PA WC: 996
- MI WC: N/A
- NJ WC: N/A
- NY WC: N/A
- WY WC: 925120
- GL: 48727
- SIC: 9511
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 926120 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 92: Public Administration
- Subsector 926: Administration of Economic Programs
- Industry Group 9261: Administration of Economic Program
- Industry 92612: Regulation and Administration of Transportation Programs
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 926120: Regulation and Administration of Transportation Programs
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 926120