NAICS Code 923120 – Administration of Public Health Programs
Definition of NAICS Code 923120: This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in the planning, administration, and coordination of public health programs and services, including environmental health activities, mental health, categorical health programs, health statistics, and immunization services. Government establishments primarily engaged in conducting public health-related inspections are included in this industry.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Illustrative Examples of NAICS 923120
What are some examples of this code? The bulleted items below are illustrative examples of this classification.
- Communicable disease program administration, public administration
- Mental health program administration, public administration
- Coroners’ offices, public administration
- Public health program administration, nonoperating, public administration
- Health program administration, public administration
Cross Reference Guide for Code 923120
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Operating hospitals (i.e., government or military)–are classified in Subsector 622, Hospitals;
- Providing health care in a clinical setting (i.e., military or government clinics)–are classified in Subsector 621, Ambulatory Health Care Services; and
- Inspecting food, plants, animals, and other agriculture products–are classified in Industry NAICS 926140, Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 923120
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Cancer detection program administration
- Communicable disease program administration
- Community health programs administration
- Coroners’ offices
- Environmental health program administration
- Food service health inspections
- Health planning and development agencies, government
- Health program administration
- Health statistics centers, government
- Immunization program administration
- Maternity and child health program administration
- Mental health program administration
- Public health program administration, nonoperating
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 923120
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 7710, 7711
- CA WC: 7706, 7707
- DE WC: 985
- PA WC: 994, 985
- MI WC: 7704
- NJ WC: 7710, 7714, 7711
- NY WC: 7710, 7716, 7711
- WY WC: 922160
- GL: 43550, 43551
- SIC: 9224
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 923120 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 92: Public Administration
- Subsector 923: Administration of Human Resource Programs
- Industry Group 9231: Administration of Human Resource Programs
- Industry 92312: Administration of Public Health Programs
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 923120: Administration of Public Health Programs
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 923120