NAICS Code 722515 – Snack and Nonalcoholic Beverage Bars
Definition of NAICS Code 722515: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the following:
- Preparing and/or serving a specialty snack, such as ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, or popcorn or
- Serving nonalcoholic beverages, such as coffee, juices, or sodas for consumption on or near the premises. These establishments may carry and sell a combination of snack, nonalcoholic beverage, and other related products (e.g., coffee beans, mugs, coffee makers) but generally promote and sell a unique snack or nonalcoholic beverage.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Illustrative Examples of NAICS 722515
What are some examples of this code? The bulleted items below are illustrative examples of this classification.
- Beverage bars
- Carryout service doughnut shops with on-premises baking
- Carryout service bagel shops with on-premises baking
- Carryout service pretzel shops with on-premises baking
- Carryout service cookie shops with on-premises baking
- Coffee shops, on-premises brewing
- Ice cream parlors
Cross Reference Guide for Code 722515
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Selling one or more of the following food specialties: hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, chicken, specialty cuisines–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 722513, Limited-Service Restaurants or U.S. Industry NAICS 722511, Full-Service Restaurants, based on type of food services provided to patrons;
- Preparing and serving snacks and nonalcoholic beverages from mobile vehicles–are classified in Industry NAICS 722330, Mobile Food Services;
- Retailing confectionery goods and nuts not packaged for immediate consumption–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 445292, Confectionery and Nut Stores; and
- Retailing baked goods (e.g., pretzels, doughnuts, cookies, and bagels) not baked on the premises and not for immediate consumption–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 445291, Baked Goods Stores.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 722515
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Bagel shops, on premise baking and carryout service
- Beverage (e.g., coffee, juice, soft drink) bars, nonalcoholic, fixed location
- Canteens, fixed location
- Coffee shops, on premise brewing
- Confectionery snack shops, made on premises with carryout services
- Cookie shops, on premise baking and carryout service
- Doughnut shops, on premise baking and carryout service
- Fixed location refreshment stands
- Frozen custard stands, fixed location
- Ice cream parlors
- Pretzel shops, on premise baking and carryout service
- Snack bars (e.g., cookies, popcorn, pretzels), fixed location
- Soft drink beverage bars, nonalcoholic, fixed location
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 722515
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 8006, 9083, 8006
- CA WC: 8006, 9079, 8078
- DE WC: 917, 918, 928
- PA WC: 917, 918, 928
- MI WC: 8006, 9058, 8006
- NJ WC: 8006, 9079, 8006
- NY WC: 8006, 9072, 8006
- WY WC: 722515
- GL: 11288, 10100, 14401
- SIC: 5812, 5461, 5812
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 722515 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 72: Accommodation and Food Services
- Subsector 722: Food Services and Drinking Places
- Industry Group 7225: Restaurants and Other Eating Places
- Industry 72251: Restaurants and Other Eating Places
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 722511: Full-Service Restaurants
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 722513: Limited-Service Restaurants
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 722514: Cafeterias, Grill Buffets, and Buffets
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 722515: Snack and Nonalcoholic Beverage Bars
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 722515