NAICS Code 532299 – All Other Consumer Goods Rental
Definition of NAICS Code 532299: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting consumer goods and products (except consumer electronics and appliances; formal wear and costumes; prerecorded video tapes and discs for home electronic equipment; home health furniture and equipment; and recreational goods). Included in this industry are furniture rental centers and party rental supply centers.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 532299
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Renting consumer electronics and appliances–are classified in Industry NAICS 532210, Consumer Electronics and Appliances Rental;
- Renting formal wear and costumes–are classified in Industry NAICS 532220, Formal Wear and Costume Rental;
- Renting video tapes and discs–are classified in Industry NAICS 532230, Video Tape and Disc Rental;
- Renting home health furniture and equipment–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 532291, Home Health Equipment Rental;
- Renting recreational goods–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 532292, Recreational Goods Rental;
- Retailing and renting musical instruments–are classified in Industry NAICS 451140, Musical Instrument and Supplies Stores; and
- Renting a range of consumer, commercial, and industrial equipment, such as lawn and garden equipment, home repair tools, and party and banquet equipment–are classified in Industry NAICS 532310, General Rental Centers.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 532299
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Carpet and rug, residential, rental
- Furniture (i.e., residential) rental centers
- Furniture, residential, rental or leasing
- Musical instrument rental
- Party (i.e., banquet) equipment rental
- Party rental supply centers
- Piano rental
- Rug and carpet rental
- Silverware rental
- Table and banquet accessory rental
- Tableware rental
- Tent, party, rental
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 532299
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 8044
- CA WC: 8017
- DE WC: 922
- PA WC: 922
- MI WC: 8017
- NJ WC: 8017
- NY WC: 8017
- WY WC: 532299
- GL: 16722
- SIC: 7359
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 532299 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 53: Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
- Subsector 532: Rental and Leasing Services
- Industry Group 5322: Consumer Goods Rental
- Industry 53229: Other Consumer Goods Rental
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 532291: Home Health Equipment Rental
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 532292: Recreational Goods Rental
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 532299: All Other Consumer Goods Rental
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 532299