NAICS Code 531312 – Nonresidential Property Managers
Definition of NAICS Code 531312: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in managing nonresidential real estate for others.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 531312
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Establishments primarily engaged in managing residential real estate for others are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 531311, Residential Property Managers;
- Establishments primarily engaged in acting as lessors of buildings (except miniwarehouses and self storage units) that are not used as residences or dwellings are classified in Industry NAICS 531120, Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings (except Miniwarehouses);
- Establishments primarily engaged in renting or leasing space for self-storage are classified in Industry NAICS 531130, Lessors of Miniwarehouses and Self-Storage Units; and
- Establishments formed on behalf of individual nonresidential condominium owners are classified in Industry NAICS 813990, Other Similar Organizations (except Business, Professional, Labor, and Political Organizations).
Other Index Entries for NAICS 531312
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Commercial property managing
- Commercial real estate property managers’ offices
- Condominium managers’ offices, commercial
- Managers’ offices, commercial condominium
- Managers’ offices, commercial real estate
- Managers’ offices, nonresidential real estate
- Managing commercial condominiums
- Managing commercial real estate
- Nonresidential property managing
- Property managers’ offices, commercial real estate
- Property managers’ offices, nonresidential real estate
- Property managing, commercial real estate
- Property managing, nonresidential real estate
- Real estate property managers’ offices, commercial
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 531312
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 9012, 9015
- CA WC: 9015
- DE WC: 971
- PA WC: 971
- MI WC: 9015
- NJ WC: 9015
- NY WC: 9026, 9027, 9028
- WY WC: 531312
- GL: 61226, 47052, 62001, 62002, 62000
- SIC: 6531
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 531312 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 53: Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
- Subsector 531: Real Estate
- Industry Group 5313: Activities Related to Real Estate
- Industry 53131: Real Estate Property Managers
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 531311: Residential Property Managers
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 531312: Nonresidential Property Managers
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 531312