NAICS Code 512110 – Motion Picture and Video Production
Definition of NAICS Code 512110: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in producing, or producing and distributing motion pictures, videos, television programs, or television commercials.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 512110
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Producing motion pictures and videos on contract as independent producers–are classified in Industry NAICS 711510, Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers;
- Providing teleproduction and other postproduction services–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 512191, Teleproduction and Other Postproduction Services;
- Providing video taping of weddings, special events, and/or business inventories–are classified in Industry 54192, Photographic Services;
- Providing motion picture laboratory services–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 512199, Other Motion Picture and Video Industries;
- Providing mass duplication and packaging of video tapes–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 334614, Software and Other Prerecorded Compact Disc, Tape, and Record Reproducing; and
- Acquiring distribution rights and distributing motion pictures and videos–are classified in Industry NAICS 512120, Motion Picture and Video Distribution.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 512110
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Animated cartoon production
- Animated cartoon production and distribution
- Commercials, television, production
- Film studios producing films
- Films, motion picture production
- Films, motion picture production and distribution
- Instructional video production
- Motion picture and video production
- Motion picture and video production and distribution
- Motion picture production
- Motion picture production and distribution
- Motion picture studios, producing motion pictures
- Movie production and distribution
- Music video production
- Music video production and distribution
- Program producing, television
- Television commercial production
- Television show production
- Video production
- Video production and distribution
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 512110
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 7610
- CA WC: 9610
- DE WC: 936
- PA WC: 936
- MI WC: 7610
- NJ WC: 9610
- NY WC: 9610
- WY WC: 512110
- GL: 98092
- SIC: 7812
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 512110 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 51: Information
- Subsector 512: Motion Picture and Sound Recording Industries
- Industry Group 5121: Motion Picture and Video Industries
- Industry 51211: Motion Picture and Video Production
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 512110: Motion Picture and Video Production
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 512110