NAICS Code 454112 – Electronic Auctions
Definition of NAICS Code 454112: This U.S. industry comprises establishments engaged in providing sites for and facilitating consumer-to-consumer or business-to-consumer trade in new and used goods, on an auction basis, using the Internet. Establishments in this industry provide the electronic location for retail auctions, but do not take title to the goods being sold.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 454112
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Retailing a general line of new and used merchandise on an auction basis from physical auction sites–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 453998, All Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers (except Tobacco Stores);
- Facilitating business to business sales of new and used merchandise on an auction basis using the Internet–are classified in Industry NAICS 425110, Business to Business Electronic Markets;
- A combination of Internet auction and auction house sales in the same establishment–are classified in Sector 44-45, Retail Trade, based on the classification of the auction house portion of the activity;
- Providing Internet publishing of classified ads–are classified in Industry NAICS 519130, Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals; and
- Hosting Internet retail sites without performing associated activities such as payment processing or fulfillment–are classified in Industry NAICS 518210, Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 454112
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Auctions, Internet retail
- Electronic auctions, retail
- Internet auctions, retail
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 454112
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 8018
- CA WC: 8018
- DE WC: 924
- PA WC: 924
- MI WC: 8018
- NJ WC: 8018
- NY WC: 8018
- WY WC: 454112
- GL: 16751
- SIC: 5961
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 454112 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 44-45: Retail Trade
- Subsector 454: Nonstore Retailers
- Industry Group 4541: Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses
- Industry 45411: Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 454111: Electronic Shopping
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 454112: Electronic Auctions
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 454113: Mail-Order Houses
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 454112