NAICS Code 424310 – Piece Goods, Notions, and Other Dry Goods Merchant Wholesalers
Definition of NAICS Code 424310: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the merchant wholesale distribution of piece goods, fabrics, knitting yarns (except industrial), thread and other notions, and/or hair accessories.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 424310
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Establishments primarily engaged as converters who buy fabric goods in the grey, have them finished on a contract basis, and sell at wholesale–are classified in Industry NAICS 313310, Textile and Fabric Finishing Mills; and
- Establishments primarily engaged in merchant wholesale distribution of industrial yarns–are classified in Industry NAICS 424990, Other Miscellaneous Nondurable Goods Merchant Wholesalers.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 424310
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Apparel trimmings merchant wholesalers
- Belt and buckle assembly kits merchant wholesalers
- Binding, textile, merchant wholesalers
- Embroidery products merchant wholesalers
- Fabrics, textile (except burlap, felt), merchant wholesalers
- Fiberglass fabrics merchant wholesalers
- Hair accessories merchant wholesalers
- Jute piece goods (except burlap) merchant wholesalers
- Labels, textile, merchant wholesalers
- Millinery supplies merchant wholesalers
- Needles, sewing, merchant wholesalers
- Net goods merchant wholesalers
- Paddings, apparel, merchant wholesalers
- Piece goods (except burlap, felt) merchant wholesalers
- Remnants, piece goods, merchant wholesalers
- Ribbons, textile, merchant wholesalers
- Sewing accessories merchant wholesalers
- Tapes, textile, merchant wholesalers
- Textiles (except burlap, felt) merchant wholesalers
- Thread (except industrial) merchant wholesalers
- Yard goods, textile (except burlap, felt), merchant wholesalers
- Yarns (except industrial), merchant wholesalers
- Zippers merchant wholesalers
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 424310
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 8103, 8032
- CA WC: 8018, 8032
- DE WC: 862, 916
- PA WC: 862, 916
- MI WC: 8018, 8032
- NJ WC: 8103, 8032
- NY WC: 8103, 8032
- WY WC: 424310
- GL: 12509, 12362
- SIC: 5131
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 424310 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 42: Wholesale Trade
- Subsector 424: Merchant Wholesalers, Nondurable Goods
- Industry Group 4243: Apparel, Piece Goods, and Notions Merchant Wholesalers
- Industry 42431: Piece Goods, Notions, and Other Dry Goods Merchant Wholesalers
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 424310: Piece Goods, Notions, and Other Dry Goods Merchant Wholesalers
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 424310