NAICS Code 337215 – Showcase, Partition, Shelving, and Locker Manufacturing
Definition of NAICS Code 337215: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing wood and nonwood office and store fixtures, shelving, lockers, frames, partitions, and related fabricated products of wood and nonwood materials, including plastics laminated fixture tops. The products are made on a stock or custom basis and may be assembled or unassembled (i.e., knockdown). Establishments exclusively making furniture parts (e.g., frames) are included in this industry.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 337215
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Manufacturing refrigerated cabinets, showcases, and display cases–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 333415, Air-Conditioning and Warm Air Heating Equipment and Commercial and Industrial Refrigeration Equipment Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing metal safes and vaults–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 332999, All Other Miscellaneous Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing wood or plastics laminated kitchen and bathroom countertops–are classified in Industry NAICS 337110, Wood Kitchen Cabinet and Countertop Manufacturing.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 337215
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Boxspring frames manufacturing
- Cafeteria fixtures manufacturing
- Chair glides manufacturing
- Chair seats for furniture manufacturing
- Counter units (except refrigerated) manufacturing
- Countertops (except kitchen and bathroom), wood or plastics laminated on wood, manufacturing
- Display cases and fixtures (except refrigerated) manufacturing
- Fixtures, store display, manufacturing
- Furniture frames and parts, metal, manufacturing
- Furniture frames, wood, manufacturing
- Furniture parts, finished metal, manufacturing
- Furniture parts, finished plastics, manufacturing
- Furniture parts, finished wood, manufacturing
- Lockers (except refrigerated) manufacturing
- Mail carrier cases and tables, wood, manufacturing
- Partitions for floor attachment, prefabricated, manufacturing
- Partitions, freestanding, prefabricated, manufacturing
- Postal service lock boxes manufacturing
- Shelving (except wire) manufacturing
- Showcases (except refrigerated) manufacturing
- Sleeper mechanisms, convertible bed, manufacturing
- Stands (except wire), merchandise display, manufacturing
- Store display fixtures manufacturing
- Telephone booths manufacturing
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 337215
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 2883
- CA WC: 2883
- DE WC: 0311
- PA WC: 311
- MI WC: 2881
- NJ WC: 2883
- NY WC:2883
- WY WC: 337215
- GL: 53733
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 337215 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 31-33: Manufacturing
- Subsector 337: Furniture and Related Product Manufacturing
- Industry Group 3372: Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing
- Industry 33721: Office Furniture (including Fixtures) Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 337211: Wood Office Furniture Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 337212: Custom Architectural Woodwork and Millwork Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 337214: Office Furniture (except Wood) Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 337215: Showcase, Partition, Shelving, and Locker Manufacturing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 337215