NAICS Code 336510 – Railroad Rolling Stock Manufacturing
Definition of NAICS Code 336510: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following:
- Manufacturing and/or rebuilding locomotives, locomotive frames and parts;
- Manufacturing railroad, street, and rapid transit cars and car equipment for operation on rails for freight and passenger service; and
- Manufacturing rail layers, ballast distributors, rail tamping equipment and other railway track maintenance equipment.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 336510
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing mining rail cars are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 333131, Mining Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing;
- Establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing locomotive fuel lubricating or cooling medium pumps are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 333911, Pump and Pumping Equipment Manufacturing;
- Repair establishments of railroad and local transit companies primarily engaged in repairing railroad and transit cars are classified in Industry NAICS 488210, Support Activities for Rail Transportation; and
- Establishments not owned by railroad or local transit companies engaged in repairing railroad cars and locomotive engines are classified in Industry NAICS 811310, Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 336510
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Brakes and parts for railroad rolling stock manufacturing
- Buses, trackless trolley, manufacturing
- Industrial locomotives and parts manufacturing
- Light rail cars and equipment manufacturing
- Locomotives manufacturing
- Locomotives rebuilding
- Lubrication systems, locomotive (except pumps), manufacturing
- Mining locomotives and parts manufacturing
- Rail laying and tamping equipment manufacturing
- Railroad cars and car equipment manufacturing
- Railroad cars, self-propelled, manufacturing
- Railroad locomotives and parts (except diesel engines) manufacturing
- Railroad rolling stock manufacturing
- Rapid transit cars and equipment manufacturing
- Rolling stock, railroad, rebuilding
- Streetcars and car equipment, urban transit, manufacturing
- Subway cars manufacturing
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 336510
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 3507, 3881, 3082
- CA WC: 3507, 3815, 3082
- DE WC: 0416, 0421
- PA WC: 416, 421
- MI WC: 3507, 3076, 3082
- NJ WC: 3507, 3881
- NY WC: 3507, 3881
- WY WC: 336510
- GL: 58559, 58560, 58561
- SIC: 3743
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 336510 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 31-33: Manufacturing
- Subsector 336: Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Industry Group 3365: Railroad Rolling Stock Manufacturing
- Industry 33651: Railroad Rolling Stock Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 336510: Railroad Rolling Stock Manufacturing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 336510