NAICS Code 334111 – Electronic Computer Manufacturing
Definition of NAICS Code 334111: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing and/or assembling electronic computers, such as mainframes, personal computers, workstations, laptops, and computer servers. Computers can be analog, digital, or hybrid. Digital computers, the most common type, are devices that do all of the following:
- Store the processing program or programs and the data immediately necessary for the execution of the program;
- Can be freely programmed in accordance with the requirements of the user;
- Perform arithmetical computations specified by the user; and
- Execute, without human intervention, a processing program that requires the computer to modify its execution by logical decision during the processing run. Analog computers are capable of simulating mathematical models and contain at least analog, control, and programming elements. The manufacture of computers includes the assembly or integration of processors, coprocessors, memory, storage, and input/output devices into a user-programmable final product.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 334111
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Manufacturing digital telecommunications switches, local area network and wide area network communication equipment, such as bridges, routers, and gateways–are classified in Industry NAICS 334210, Telephone Apparatus Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing blank magnetic and optical recording media–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 334613, Blank Magnetic and Optical Recording Media Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing machinery or equipment that incorporates electronic computers for operation or control purposes and embedded control applications–are classified in the Manufacturing sector based on the classification of the complete machinery or equipment;
- Manufacturing internal, loaded, printed circuit board devices, such as sound, video, controller, and network interface cards; internal and external computer modems; and solid state storage devices for computers–are classified in Industry 33441, Semiconductor and Other Electronic Component Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing other parts, such as casings, stampings, cable sets, and switches, for computers–are classified in the Manufacturing sector based on their associated production processes; and
- Retailing computers with on-site assembly–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 443142, Electronics Stores.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 334111
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Analog computers manufacturing
- Computer servers manufacturing
- Computers manufacturing
- Digital computers manufacturing
- Hand held computers (e.g., PDAs) manufacturing
- Hybrid computers manufacturing
- Laptop computers manufacturing
- Mainframe computers manufacturing
- Microcomputers manufacturing
- Minicomputers manufacturing
- Notebook computers manufacturing
- Personal computers manufacturing
- Portable computers manufacturing
- Workstations, computer, manufacturing
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 334111
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 4109, 3574
- CA WC: 4112, 3681, 3574
- DE WC: 0472, 0483
- PA WC: 472, 483
- MI WC: 4150, 3574
- NJ WC: 4150, 3574
- NY WC: 4150, 3574
- WY WC: 334111
- GL: 51941, 57572
- SIC: 3571, 3579
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 334111 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 31-33: Manufacturing
- Subsector 334: Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Industry Group 3341: Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
- Industry 33411: Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 334111: Electronic Computer Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 334112: Computer Storage Device Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 334118: Computer Terminal and Other Computer Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 334111