NAICS Code 333992 – Welding and Soldering Equipment Manufacturing
Definition of NAICS Code 333992: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing welding and soldering equipment and accessories (except transformers), such as arc, resistance, gas, plasma, laser, electron beam, and ultrasonic welding equipment; welding electrodes; coated or cored welding wire; and soldering equipment (except handheld).
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 333992
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Manufacturing handheld soldering irons–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 332216, Saw Blade and Handtool Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing transformers for arc-welding–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 335311, Power, Distribution, and Specialty Transformer Manufacturing.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 333992
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Arc welding equipment manufacturing
- Electrode holders, welding, manufacturing
- Electrodes, welding, manufacturing
- Electron beam welding equipment manufacturing
- Gas welding equipment manufacturing
- Gas welding rods, coated or cored, manufacturing
- Generating apparatus and parts, welding, electrical, manufacturing
- Laser welding equipment manufacturing
- Plasma welding equipment manufacturing
- Resistance welding equipment manufacturing
- Seam welding equipment manufacturing
- Soldering equipment (except hand held) manufacturing
- Spot welding equipment manufacturing
- Ultrasonic welding equipment manufacturing
- Welding equipment manufacturing
- Welding wire or rods (i.e., coated, cored) manufacturing
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 333992
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 3507
- CA WC: 3507
- DE WC: 0461
- PA WC: 461
- MI WC: 3507
- NJ WC: 3507
- NY WC: 3507
- WY WC: 333992
- GL: 56654
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 333992 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 31-33: Manufacturing
- Subsector 333: Machinery Manufacturing
- Industry Group 3339: Other General Purpose Machinery Manufacturing
- Industry 33399: All Other General Purpose Machinery Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333991: Power-Driven Handtool Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333992: Welding and Soldering Equipment Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333993: Packaging Machinery Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333994: Industrial Process Furnace and Oven Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333995: Fluid Power Cylinder and Actuator Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333996: Fluid Power Pump and Motor Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333997: Scale and Balance Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333999: All Other Miscellaneous General Purpose Machinery Manufacturing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 333992