NAICS Code 311423 – Dried and Dehydrated Food Manufacturing
Definition of NAICS Code 311423: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the following:
- Drying (including freeze-dried) and/or dehydrating fruits, vegetables, and soup mixes and bouillon and/or
- Drying and/or dehydrating ingredients and packaging them with other purchased ingredients, such as rice and dry pasta.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 311423
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Milling rice and packaging it with other ingredients–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 311212, Rice Milling;
- Manufacturing dry pasta and packaging it with other ingredients–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 311824, Dry Pasta, Dough, and Flour Mixes Manufacturing from Purchased Flour;
- Manufacturing vegetable flours and meals–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 311211, Flour Milling;
- Mixing purchased dried and/or dehydrated potatoes, rice, and dry pasta, and packaging them with other purchased ingredients, and mixing purchased dried and/or dehydrated ingredients for soup mixes and bouillon–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 311999, All Other Miscellaneous
- Food Manufacturing; and
Manufacturing dry salad dressing and dry sauce mixes–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 311942, Spice and Extract Manufacturing.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 311423
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Bouillon made in dehydration plants
- Dates, dried, made in dehydration plant
- Dehydrating fruits and vegetables
- Dehydrating potato products (e.g., flakes, granules)
- Freeze-dried, food processing, fruits and vegetables
- Fruit and vegetables, dehydrating, manufacturing
- Fruits dehydrating (except sun drying)
- Grapes, artificially drying
- Noodle mixes made in dehydration plants
- Olives, dried, made in dehydration plant
- Potato products (e.g., flakes, granules) dehydrating
- Prunes, dried, made in dehydration plants
- Raisins made in dehydration plants
- Rice mixes (i.e., uncooked and packaged with other ingredients) made in dehydration plants
- Salad dressing mixes, dry, made in a dehydration plant
- Sauce mixes, dry, made in dehydration plants
- Soup mixes made in a dehydration plant
- Sulphured fruits and vegetables manufacturing
- Vegetables dehydrating
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 311423
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 2112
- CA WC: 2102
- DE WC: 0113
- PA WC: 113
- MI WC: 2111
- NJ WC: 2112
- NY WC: 2112
- WY WC: 311423
- GL: 53374
- SIC: 2034
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 311423 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 31-33: Manufacturing
- Subsector 311: Food Manufacturing
- Industry Group 3114: Fruit and Vegetable Preserving and Specialty Food Manufacturing
- Industry 31142: Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 311421: Fruit and Vegetable Canning
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 311422: Specialty Canning
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 311423: Dried and Dehydrated Food Manufacturing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 311423