NAICS Code 115112 – Soil Preparation, Planting, and Cultivating
Definition of NAICS Code 115112: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in performing a soil preparation activity or crop production service, such as plowing, fertilizing, seed bed preparation, planting, cultivating, and crop protecting services.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for 115112
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Land clearing, land leveling, and earth moving for terracing, ponds, and irrigation–are classified in Industry NAICS 238910, Site Preparation Contractors; and
- Providing water for irrigation–are classified in Industry NAICS 221310, Water Supply and Irrigation Systems.
Other Index Entries for 115112
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Aerial dusting or spraying (i.e., using specialized or dedicated aircraft
- Bracing of orchard trees and vines
- Chemical treatment of soil for crops
- Citrus grove cultivation services
- Crop dusting
- Crop spraying
- Cultivation services
- Detasseling corn
- Disease control for crops
- Dusting Crops
- Entomological service, agricultural
- Fertilizer application for crops.
- Insect control for crops
- Orchard cultivation services (e.g., bracing, planting, pruning, removal, spraying, surgery)
- Pest control services, agricultural
- Planting crops
- Pruning of orchard trees and vines
- Seed bed preparing
- Seeding crops
- Spraying crops
- Spreading lime for crops
- Surgery on trees and vines
- Thinning of crops, mechanical and chemical
- Transplanting services
- Vineyard cultivation services
- Weed control services for crops
Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 115112
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 7403, 7420
- CA WC: 7409, 7410
- DE WC: 7424, 7428
- PA WC: 7424, 7428
- MI WC: 7422, 7423
- NJ WC: 7427, 7428
- NY WC: 7403, 7422
- WY WC: 115112
- GL: 91606
- SIC: 0721
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 115112 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 11: Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
- Subsector 115: Support Activities for Agriculture and Forestry
- Industry Group 1151: Support Activities for Crop Production
- Industry 11511: Support Activities for Crop Production
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 115111: Cotton Ginning
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 115112: Soil Preparation, Planting, and Cultivating
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 115113: Crop Harvesting, Primarily by Machine
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 115114: Postharvest Crop Activities (except Cotton Ginning)
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 115115: Farm Labor Contractors and Crew Leaders
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 115116: Farm Management Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 115112