NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92614 – Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92614: See industry description for NAICS 926140 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 926140: This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in the planning, administration, and coordination of agricultural programs for production, marketing, and utilization, including educational and promotional activities. Included in this industry are government establishments responsible for regulating and controlling the grading and inspection of food, plants, animals, and other agricultural products.
Cross-References for Industry 92614
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 92614. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Administering programs for developing economic data about agricultural and trade in agricultural products–are classified in Industry NAICS 926110, Administration of General Economic Programs;
- Administering programs for the conservation of natural resources–are classified in Industry Group 9241, Administration of Environmental Quality Programs; and
- Administering food stamp programs–are classified in Industry NAICS 923130, Administration of Human Resource Programs (except Education, Public Health, and Veterans’ Affairs Programs).
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 92614
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 92614. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Agricultural cooperative extension program administration
- Agricultural marketing services government
- Agricultural pest and weed regulation, government
- Agriculture fair boards administration
- Animal quarantine service, government
- Food inspection agencies
- Pest control programs, agriculture, government
- Regulation and inspection of agricultural products
- Weed control, agriculture, government
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 92: Public Administration
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92614 | Class Codes