NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92613 – Regulation and Administration of Communications, Electric, Gas, and Other Utilities
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92613: See industry description for NAICS 926130 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 926130: This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in the administration, regulation, licensing and inspection of utilities, such as communications, electric power (including fossil, nuclear, solar, water, and wind), gas and water supply, and sewerage.
Cross-References for Industry 92613
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 92613. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Government establishments primarily engaged in operating utilities are classified in Subsector 221, Utilities.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 92613
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 92613. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Communications commissions
- Communications licensing commissions and agencies
- Energy development and conservation programs, government
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Irrigation districts, nonoperating
- Licensing and inspecting of utilities
- Mosquito eradication districts
- Nuclear energy inspection and regulation offices
- Public service (except transportation) commissions, nonoperating
- Public utility (except transportation) commissions, nonoperating
- Regulation of utilities
- Sanitation districts, nonoperating
- Solar energy regulation
- Wind generated electrical power regulation
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 92: Public Administration
- Subsector 926: Administration of Economic Programs
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92613 | Class Codes