- NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92612 – Regulation and Administration of Transportation Programs
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92612: See industry description for NAICS 926120 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 926120: This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in the administration, regulation, licensing, planning, inspection, and investigation of transportation services and facilities. Included in this industry are government establishments responsible for motor vehicle and operator licensing, the Coast Guard (except the Coast Guard Academy), and parking authorities.
Cross-References for Industry 92612
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 92612. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Operating airports, railroads, depots, ports, toll roads and bridges, and other transportation facilities–are classified in Sector 48-49, Transportation and Warehousing;
- Operating parking lots and parking garages–are classified in Industry NAICS 812930, Parking Lots and Garages;
- Operating automobile safety inspection and emission testing facilities–are classified in Industry Group 8111, Automotive Repair and Maintenance;
- Building and/or maintaining roads and highways–are classified in Industry NAICS 237310, Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction;
- Providing air traffic control services–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 488111, Air Traffic Control; and
- Operating weigh stations–are classified in Industry NAICS 488490, Other Support Activities for Road Transportation.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 92612
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 92612. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Aircraft inspection, government
- Coast Guard (except academy)
- Federal Aviation Administration (except air traffic control)
- Licensing of transportation equipment, facilities, and services
- Merchant Marine (except academy)
- Motor carrier licensing and inspection offices
- Motor vehicle licensing offices, government
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Port authorities and districts, nonoperating
- Public transportation commissions, nonoperating
- Railroad and warehouse commissions, nonoperating
- Transit systems and authorities, nonoperating
- Transportation departments, nonoperating
- Transportation regulatory agencies
- Transportation safety programs, government
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 92: Public Administration
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92612 | Class Codes