NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92216 – Fire Protection
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92216: See industry description for NAICS 922160 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 922160: This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in fire fighting and other related fire protection activities. Government establishments providing combined fire protection and ambulance or rescue services are classified in this industry.
Cross-References for Industry 92216
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 92216. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Forest fire fighting–are classified in Industry NAICS 115310, Support Activities for Forestry;
- Providing combined police and fire protection services–are classified in Industry NAICS 922120, Police Protection;
- Providing fire fighting services as a commercial activity–are classified in Industry NAICS 561990, All Other Support Services; and
- Providing ambulance services without fire protection service–are classified in Industry NAICS 621910, Ambulance Services.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 92216
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 92216. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Ambulance and fire service combined
- Fire and rescue service
- Fire departments (e.g., government, volunteer (except private))
- Fire marshals’ offices
- Fire prevention offices, government
- Firefighting (except forest), government and volunteer (except private)
- Firefighting services (except forest and private)
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 92: Public Administration
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92216 | Class Codes