NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92214 – Correctional Institutions
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92214: See industry description for NAICS 922140 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 922140: This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in managing and operating correctional institutions. The facility is generally designed for the confinement, correction, and rehabilitation of adult and/or juvenile offenders sentenced by a court.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Illustrative Examples of NAICS Industry 92214
What are some examples of this industry classification? The bulleted items below are illustrative examples of this 5-digit NAICS industry.
- Correctional institutions, public administration
- Penitentiaries, public administration
- Detention centers, public administration
- Prisons, public administration
- Jails, public administration
Cross-References for Industry 92214
- Government establishments primarily engaged in operating half-way houses for ex-criminal offenders and delinquent youths are classified in Industry NAICS 623990, Other Residential Care Facilities; and
- Establishments primarily engaged in managing or operating correctional facilities owned by others are classified in Industry NAICS 561210, Facilities Support Services.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 92214
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 92214. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Correctional boot camps
- Correctional institutions
- Detention centers
- Honor camps, correctional
- Houses of correction
- Jails (except private operation of)
- Prison farms
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 92: Public Administration
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 92214 | Class Codes