NAICS 5 Digit Industry 72241 – Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages)
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 72241: See industry description for NAICS 722410 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 722410: This industry comprises establishments known as bars, taverns, nightclubs, or drinking places primarily engaged in preparing and serving alcoholic beverages for immediate consumption. These establishments may also provide limited food services.
Cross-References for Industry 72241
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 72241. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Preparing and serving alcoholic beverages (i.e., not known as bars or taverns) and providing food services to patrons–are classified in Industry 72251, Restaurants and Other Eating Places;
- Operating a civic or social association with a bar for the association members–are classified in Industry NAICS 813410, Civic and Social Organizations;
- Retailing packaged alcoholic beverages not for immediate consumption on the premises–are classified in Industry NAICS 445310, Beer, Wine, and Liquor Stores; and
- Operating discotheques or dance clubs without selling alcoholic beverages–are classified in Industry NAICS 713990, All Other Amusement and Recreation Industries.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 72241
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 72241. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Alcoholic beverage drinking places
- Bars (i.e., drinking places), alcoholic beverage
- Cocktail lounges
- Drinking places (i.e., bars, lounges, taverns), alcoholic
- Lounges, cocktail
- Nightclubs, alcoholic beverage
- Taverns (i.e., drinking places)
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 72: Accommodation and Food Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 72241 | Class Codes