NAICS 5 Digit Industry 71311 – Amusement and Theme Parks
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 71311: See industry description for NAICS 713110 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 713110: This industry comprises establishments, known as amusement or theme parks, primarily engaged in operating a variety of attractions, such as mechanical rides, water rides, games, shows, theme exhibits, refreshment stands, and picnic grounds. These establishments may lease space to others on a concession basis.
Cross-References for Industry 71311
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 71311. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Operating mechanical or water rides on a concession basis in amusement parks, fairs, and carnivals or in operating a single attraction, such as a waterslide–are classified in Industry NAICS 713990, All Other Amusement and Recreation Industries;
- Operating refreshment stands on a concession basis–are classified in Industry 72251, Restaurants and Other Eating Places;
- Supplying and servicing coin-operated amusement (except gambling) devices in places of business operated by others–are classified in Industry NAICS 713990, All Other Amusement and Recreation Industries;
- Supplying and servicing coin-operated gambling devices (e.g., slot machines) in places of business operated by others–are classified in Industry NAICS 713290, Other Gambling Industries; and
- Organizing, promoting, and/or managing events, such as carnivals and fairs, with or without facilities–are classified in Industry Group 7113, Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 71311
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 71311. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Amusement parks (e.g., theme, water)
- Parks (e.g., theme, water), amusement
- Piers, amusement
- Theme parks, amusement
- Water parks, amusement
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 71: Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 71311 | Class Codes