NAICS 5 Digit Industry 71113 – Musical Groups and Artists
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 71113: See industry description for NAICS 711130 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 711130: This industry comprises of the following:
- Groups primarily engaged in producing live musical entertainment (except theatrical musical or opera productions), and
- Independent (i.e., freelance) artists primarily engaged in providing live musical entertainment. Musical groups and artists may perform in front of a live audience or in a studio, and may or may not operate their own facilities for staging their shows.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Illustrative Examples of NAICS Industry 71113
What are some examples of this industry classification? The bulleted items below are illustrative examples of this 5-digit NAICS industry.
- Musical groups (except theatrical musical groups)
- Drum and bugle corps (i.e., drill teams)
- Independent musicians or vocalists
Cross-References for Industry 71113
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 71113. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Establishments primarily engaged in organizing, promoting, and/or managing concerts and other musical performances without producing their own shows are classified in Industry Group 7113, Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events;
- Companies, groups, or theaters primarily engaged in producing theatrical musicals and opera productions are classified in Industry NAICS 711110, Theater Companies and Dinner Theaters; and
- Freelance producers (except musical groups and artists) primarily engaged in musical activities independent of a company or group are classified in Industry NAICS 711510, Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 71113
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 71113. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Bands, dance
- Bands, musical
- Chamber musical groups
- Chamber orchestras
- Classical musical artists, independent
- Classical musical groups
- Concert artists, independent
- Country musical artists, independent
- Country musical groups
- Dance bands
- Drum and bugle corps (i.e., drill teams)
- Ensembles, musical
- Jazz musical artists, independent
- Jazz musical groups
- Musical artists, independent
- Musical groups (except musical theater groups)
- Musical productions (except musical theater productions), live
- Musicians, independent
- Opera singers, independent
- Popular musical artists, independent
- Popular musical groups
- Rock musical artists, independent
- Rock musical groups
- Singers, independent
- Soloists, independent musical
- Symphony orchestras
- Vocalists, independent
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 71: Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 71113 | Class Codes