NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56292 – Materials Recovery Facilities
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56292: See industry description for NAICS 562920 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 562920: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the following:
- Operating facilities for separating and sorting recyclable materials from nonhazardous waste streams (i.e., garbage) and/or
- Operating facilities where commingled recyclable materials, such as paper, plastics, used beverage cans, and metals, are sorted into distinct categories.
Cross-References for Industry 56292
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 56292. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Establishments primarily engaged in merchant wholesaling automotive, industrial, and other recyclable materials are classified in Industry NAICS 423930, Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesalers.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 56292
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 56292. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Materials recovery facilities (MRF)
- MRF (materials recovery facilities)
- Removal of recyclable materials from a waste stream
- Waste recovery facilities
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 56: Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56292 | Class Codes