NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56121 – Facilities Support Services
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56121: See industry description for NAICS 561210 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 561210: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing operating staff to perform a combination of support services within a client’s facilities. Establishments in this industry typically provide a combination of services, such as janitorial, maintenance, trash disposal, guard and security, mail routing, reception, laundry, and related services to support operations within facilities. These establishments provide operating staff to carry out these support activities; but are not involved with or responsible for the core business or activities of the client. Establishments providing facilities (except computer and/or data processing) operation support services and establishments providing private jail services or operating correctional facilities (i.e., jails) on a contract or fee basis are included in this industry.
Cross-References for Industry 56121
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 56121. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing only one of the support services (e.g., janitorial services) that establishments in this industry provide are classified in the appropriate industry according to the service provided;
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing management and operating staff for the complete operation of a client’s establishment, such as a hotel, restaurant, mine, or hospital, are classified according to the industry of the establishment operated;
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing on-site management and operation of a client’s computer systems and/or data processing facilities are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 541513, Computer Facilities Management Services; and
- Governmental correctional institutions are classified in Industry NAICS 922140, Correctional Institutions.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 56121
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 56121. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Base facilities operation support services
- Correctional facility operation on a contract or fee basis
- Facilities (except computer operation) support services
- Government base facilities operation support services
- Jail operation on a contract or fee basis
- Jails, privately operated
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 56: Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56121 | Class Codes