NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56111 – Office Administrative Services
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56111: See industry description for NAICS 561110 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 561110: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing a range of day-to-day office administrative services, such as financial planning; billing and recordkeeping; personnel; and physical distribution and logistics for others on a contract or fee basis. These establishments do not provide operating staff to carry out the complete operations of a business.
Cross-References for Industry 56111
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 56111. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Holding the securities or financial assets of companies and enterprises for the purpose of controlling them and influencing their management decisions–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 551111, Offices of Bank Holding Companies or U.S. Industry NAICS 551112, Offices of Other Holding Companies;
- Administering, overseeing, and managing other establishments of the company or enterprise (except government establishments)–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 551114, Corporate, Subsidiary, and Regional Managing Offices;
- Providing computer facilities management–are classified in U.S. Industry 541513, Computer Facilities Management Services;
- Providing construction management–are classified in Sector 23, Construction, by type of construction project managed;
- Providing farm management–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 115116, Farm Management Services;
- Managing real property for others–are classified in Industry 53131, Real Estate Property Managers;
- Providing food services management at institutional, governmental, commercial, or industrial locations–are classified in Industry NAICS 722310, Food Service Contractors;
- Providing management advice without day-to-day management–are classified in Industry 54161, Management Consulting Services;
- Providing both management and operating staff for the complete operation of a client’s business, such as a hotel, restaurant, mine site, or hospital–are classified according to the industry of the establishment operated; and
- Providing only one of the support services (e.g., accounting services) that establishments in this industry provide–are classified in the appropriate industry according to the service provided.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 56111
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 56111. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Administrative management services
- Business management services
- Executive management services
- Hotel management services (except complete operation of client’s business)
- Management services (except complete operation of client’s business)
- Managing offices of dentists
- Managing offices of physicians and surgeons
- Managing offices of professionals (e.g., dentists, physicians, surgeons)
- Medical office management services
- Motel management services (except complete operation of client’s business)
- Office administration services
- Office management services
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 56: Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 56111 | Class Codes