NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54187 – Advertising Material Distribution Services
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54187: See industry description for NAICS 541870 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 541870: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the direct distribution or delivery of advertisements (e.g., circulars, coupons, handbills) or samples. Establishments in this industry use methods, such as delivering advertisements or samples door-to-door, placing flyers or coupons on car windshields in parking lots, or handing out samples in retail stores.
Cross-References for Industry 54187
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 54187. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Creating and designing advertising campaigns for the purpose of distributing advertising materials or samples through the mail–are classified in Industry NAICS 541860, Direct Mail Advertising;
- Publishing newspapers or operating television stations or on-line information services–are classified in Sector 51, Information; and
- Distributing advertising specialties (e.g., key chains, magnets, or pens with customized messages imprinted) to clients who wish to use such materials for promotional purposes–are classified in Industry NAICS 541890, Other Services Related to Advertising.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 54187
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 54187. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Advertising material (e.g., coupons, flyers, samples) direct distribution services
- Circular direct distribution services
- Coupon direct distribution services
- Directory, telephone, distribution on a contract basis
- Door-to-door distribution of advertising materials (e.g., coupons, flyers, samples)
- Flyer direct distribution (except direct mail) services
- Handbill direct distribution services
- Sample direct distribution services
- Telephone directory distribution services, door-to-door
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 54: Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54187 | Class Codes