NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54186 – Direct Mail Advertising
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54186: See industry description for NAICS 541860 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 541860: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the following:
- Creating and designing advertising campaigns for the purpose of distributing advertising materials (e.g., coupons, flyers, samples) or specialties (e.g., key chains, magnets, pens with customized messages imprinted) by mail or other direct distribution; and/or
- Preparing advertising materials or specialties for mailing or other direct distribution. These establishments may also compile, maintain, sell, and rent mailing lists.
Cross-References for Industry 54186
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 54186. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- The direct distribution or delivery (e.g., door-to-door, windshield placement) of advertisements or samples–are classified in Industry NAICS 541870, Advertising Material Distribution Services;
- Distributing advertising specialties for clients who wish to use such materials for promotional purposes–are classified in Industry NAICS 541890, Other Services Related to Advertising;
- Creating advertising campaigns and placing such advertising in media–are classified in Industry NAICS 541810, Advertising Agencies;
- Compiling and selling mailing lists without providing direct mail advertising services–are classified in Industry NAICS 511140, Directory and Mailing List Publishers; and
- Broadcasting exclusively on the Internet–are classified in Industry NAICS 519130, Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 54186
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 54186. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Advertising material preparation services for mailing or other direct distribution
- Direct mail advertising services
- Direct mail or other direct distribution advertising campaign services
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 54: Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54186 | Class Codes