NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54185 – Outdoor Advertising
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54185: See industry description for NAICS 541850 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 541850: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in creating and designing public display advertising campaign materials, such as printed, painted, or electronic displays; and/or placing such displays on indoor or outdoor billboards and panels, or on or within transit vehicles or facilities, shopping malls, retail (in-store) displays, and other display structures or sites.
Cross-References for Industry 54185
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 54185. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Providing sign lettering and painting services–are classified in Industry NAICS 541890, Other Services Related to Advertising;
- Printing paper on paperboard signs–are classified in Industry 32311, Printing;
- Erecting display boards–are classified in Industry NAICS 238990, All Other Specialty Trade Contractors; and
- Manufacturing electrical, mechanical, or plate signs and point-of-sale advertising displays–are classified in Industry NAICS 339950, Sign Manufacturing.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 54185
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 54185. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Advertising services, indoor or outdoor display
- Advertising, aerial
- Billboard display advertising services
- Bus card advertising services
- Bus display advertising services
- Display advertising services
- Indoor display advertising services
- Out-of-home media (i.e., display) advertising services
- Outdoor display advertising services
- Store display advertising services
- Subway card display advertising services
- Taxicab card advertising services
- Transit advertising services
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 54: Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54185 | Class Codes