NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54135 – Building Inspection Services
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54135: See industry description for NAICS 541350 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 541350: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing building inspection services. These establishments typically evaluate all aspects of the building structure and component systems and prepare a report on the physical condition of the property, generally for buyers or others involved in real estate transactions. Building inspection bureaus and establishments providing home inspection services are included in this industry.
Cross-References for Industry 54135
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 54135. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Inspecting buildings for termites and other pests–are classified in Industry NAICS 561710, Exterminating and Pest Control Services;
- Inspecting buildings for hazardous materials–are classified in Industry NAICS 541620, Environmental Consulting Services; and
- Conducting building inspections and enforcing building codes and standards–are classified in Industry NAICS 926150, Regulation, Licensing, and Inspection of Miscellaneous Commercial Sectors.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 54135
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 54135. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Building inspection bureaus
- Building inspection services
- Energy efficiency inspection services
- Home inspection services
- Inspection bureaus, building
- Inspection services, building or home
- Prepurchase home inspection services
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 54: Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 54135 | Class Codes