NAICS 5 Digit Industry 53221 – Consumer Electronics and Appliances Rental
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 53221: See industry description for NAICS 532210 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 532210: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting consumer electronics equipment and appliances, such as televisions, stereos, and refrigerators. Included in this industry are appliance rental centers.
Cross-References for Industry 53221
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 53221. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Renting or leasing computers–are classified in Industry NAICS 532420, Office Machinery and Equipment Rental and Leasing; and
- Renting a range of consumer, commercial, and industrial equipment, such as lawn and garden equipment, home repair tools, and party and banquet equipment–are classified in Industry NAICS 532310, General Rental Centers.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 53221
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 53221. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Air-conditioner rental
- Appliance rental
- Camcorder rental
- Consumer electronics rental
- Dryer, clothes, rental
- Photographic equipment rental
- Refrigerator rental
- Stereo equipment rental
- Tape recorder rental
- Television rental
- Video cassette recorder rental
- Video disc player rental
- Video recorder rental
- Video tape player rental
- Washer, clothes, rental
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 53: Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 53221 | Class Codes