NAICS 5 Digit Industry 53113 – Lessors of Mini-warehouses and Self-Storage Units
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 53113: See industry description for NAICS 531130 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 531130: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting or leasing space for self-storage. These establishments provide secure space (i.e., rooms, compartments, lockers, containers, or outdoor space) where clients can store and retrieve their goods.
Cross-References for Industry 53113
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 53113. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Operating public and contract general merchandise warehousing and storage facilities–are classified in Industry NAICS 493110, General Warehousing and Storage; and
- Operating coin-operated lockers–are classified in Industry NAICS 812990, All Other Personal Services.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 53113
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 53113. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Equity real estate investment trusts (REITs), primarily leasing miniwarehouses and self-storage units
- Lessors of miniwarehouses
- Lessors of self storage units
- Miniwarehouse rental or leasing
- Real estate rental or leasing of miniwarehouses and self-storage units
- Self-storage unit rental or leasing
- Self-storage warehousing
- U-lock storage
- Warehousing, self storage
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 53: Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 53113 | Class Codes