NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52512 – Health and Welfare Funds
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52512: See industry description for NAICS 525120 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 525120: This industry comprises legal entities (i.e., funds, plans, and/or programs) organized to provide medical, surgical, hospital, vacation, training, and other health- and welfare-related employee benefits exclusively for the sponsor’s employees or members.
Cross-References for Industry 52512
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 52512. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Managing portfolios of health and welfare funds–are classified in Industry NAICS 523920, Portfolio Management; and
- Third party claims administration of health and welfare plans–are classified in U.S. Industry 524292, Third Party Administration of Insurance and Pension Funds.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 52512
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 52512. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Employee benefit plans (except pension)
- Funds, health and welfare
- Health and welfare funds
- Plans, health and welfare related employee benefit
- Union health and welfare funds
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 52: Finance and Insurance
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52512 | Class Codes