NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52212 – Savings Institutions
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52212: See industry description for NAICS 522120 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 522120: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in accepting time deposits, making mortgage and real estate loans, and investing in high-grade securities. Savings and loan associations and savings banks are included in this industry.
Cross-References for Industry 52212
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 52212. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Establishments primarily engaged in accepting demand and other deposits and making all types of loans are classified in Industry NAICS 522110, Commercial Banking.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 52212
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 52212. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Associations, savings and loan
- Banks, savings
- Federal savings and loan associations (S&L)
- Federal savings banks
- Institutions, savings
- Mutual savings banks
- Savings and loan associations (S&L)
- Savings banks
- Savings institutions
- State savings and loan associations
- State savings banks
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 52: Finance and Insurance
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52212 | Class Codes