NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52111 – Monetary Authorities-Central Bank
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52111: See industry description for NAICS 521110 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 521110: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in performing central banking functions, such as issuing currency, managing the Nation’s money supply and international reserves, holding deposits that represent the reserves of other banks and other central banks, and acting as a fiscal agent for the central government.
Cross-References for Industry 52111
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 52111. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Establishments of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System are classified in Industry NAICS 921130, Public Finance Activities.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 52111
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 52111. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Banking, central
- Banks, Federal Reserve
- Branches, Federal Reserve Bank
- Central bank, monetary authorities
- Check clearing activities of the central bank
- Federal Reserve Banks or Branches
- Financial transactions processing of the central bank
- Monetary authorities, central bank
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 52: Finance and Insurance
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 52111 | Class Codes