NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51521 – Cable and Other Subscription Programming
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51521: See industry description for NAICS 515210 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 515210: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating studios and facilities for the broadcasting of programs on a subscription or fee basis. The broadcast programming is typically narrowcast in nature (e.g., limited format, such as news, sports, education, or youth-oriented). These establishments produce programming in their own facilities or acquire programming from external sources. The programming material is usually delivered to a third party, such as cable systems or direct-to-home satellite systems, for transmission to viewers.
Cross-References for Industry 51521
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 51521. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Producing taped television program material–are classified in Industry NAICS 512110, Motion Picture and Video Production;
- Producing and transmitting television programs to affiliated stations–are classified in Industry NAICS 515120, Television Broadcasting;
- Furnishing cable and other pay television services–are classified in Industry NAICS 517110, Wired Telecommunications Carriers; and
- Retailing merchandise by electronic media, such as television–are classified in Industry 45411, Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 51521
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 51521. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Cable broadcasting networks
- Cable television networks
- Networks, cable television
- Pay television networks
- Pay-per-view cable programming
- Satellite television networks
- Specialty television (e.g., music, sports, news) cable networks
- Subscription television networks
- Television subscription services
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 51: Information
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51521 | Class Codes