NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51512 – Television Broadcasting
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51512: See industry description for NAICS 515120 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 515120: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in broadcasting images together with sound. These establishments operate television broadcasting studios and facilities for the programming and transmission of programs to the public. These establishments also produce or transmit visual programming to affiliated broadcast television stations, which in turn broadcast the programs to the public on a predetermined schedule. Programming may originate in their own studio, from an affiliated network, or from external sources.
Cross-References for Industry 51512
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 51512. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Broadcasting exclusively on the Internet–are classified in Industry NAICS 519130, Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals;
- Producing taped television program materials–are classified in Industry NAICS 512110, Motion Picture and Video Production;
- Furnishing cable and other pay television services–are classified in Industry NAICS 517110, Wired Telecommunications Carriers; and
- Producing and broadcasting television programs for cable and satellite television systems–are classified in Industry NAICS 515210, Cable and Other Subscription Programming.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 51512
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 51512. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Broadcasting networks, television
- Broadcasting stations, television
- Network television broadcasting
- Television broadcasting networks
- Television broadcasting stations
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 51: Information
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51512 | Class Codes