NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51224 – Sound Recording Studios
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51224: See industry description for NAICS 512240 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 512240: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing the facilities and technical expertise for sound recording in a studio. This industry includes establishments that provide audio production and postproduction services to produce master recordings. These establishments may provide audio services for film, television, and video productions.
Cross-References for Industry 51224
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 51224. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Releasing, promoting, and distributing sound recordings–are classified in Industry NAICS 512220, Integrated Record Production/Distribution;
- Providing mass duplication of recorded products–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 334614, Software and Other Prerecorded Compact Disc, Tape, and Record Reproducing; and
- Contracting with musical artists, arranging for the production of master recordings, and marketing the reproduction rights–are classified in Industry NAICS 512210, Record Production.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 51224
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 51224. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Audio recording post-production services
- Audio recording restoration services
- Recording studios, sound, operating on a contract or fee basis
- Sound recording studios (except integrated record companies)
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 51: Information
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 51224 | Class Codes