NAICS 5 Digit Industry 49311 – General Warehousing and Storage
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 49311: See industry description for NAICS 493110 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 493110: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating merchandise warehousing and storage facilities. These establishments generally handle goods in containers, such as boxes, barrels, and/or drums, using equipment, such as forklifts, pallets, and racks. They are not specialized in handling bulk products of any particular type, size, or quantity of goods or products.
Cross-References for Industry 49311
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 49311. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Renting or leasing space for self storage–are classified in Industry NAICS 531130, Lessors of Miniwarehouses and Self-Storage Units; and
- Selling in combination with handling and/or distributing goods to other wholesale or retail establishments–are classified in Sector 42, Wholesale Trade.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 49311
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 49311. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Bonded warehousing, general merchandise
- General warehousing and storage
- Private warehousing and storage, general merchandise
- Public warehousing and storage (except self storage), general merchandise
- Warehousing (including foreign trade zones), general merchandise
- Warehousing and storage, general merchandise
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 48-49: Transportation and Warehousing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 49311 | Class Codes