NAICS 5 Digit Industry 48531 – Taxi Service
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 48531: See industry description for NAICS 485310 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 485310: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing passenger transportation by automobile or van, not operated over regular routes and on regular schedules. Establishments of taxicab owner/operators, taxicab fleet operators, or taxicab organizations are included in this industry.
Cross-References for Industry 48531
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 48531. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Providing special needs transportation services (except to and from school or work) for the infirm, elderly, or handicapped–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 485991, Special Needs Transportation;
- Providing limousine services–are classified in Industry NAICS 485320, Limousine Service; and
- Providing scheduled shuttle services between hotels, airports, or other destination points–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 485999, All Other Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 48531
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 48531. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Cab (i.e., taxi) services
- Taxicab dispatch services
- Taxicab fleet operators
- Taxicab organizations
- Taxicab owner-operators
- Taxicab services
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 48-49: Transportation and Warehousing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 48531 | Class Codes