NAICS 5 Digit Industry 48521 – Interurban and Rural Bus Transportation
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 48521: See industry description for NAICS 485210 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 485210: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing bus passenger transportation over regular routes and on regular schedules, principally outside a single metropolitan area and its adjacent nonurban areas.
Cross-References for Industry 48521
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 48521. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Providing scenic and sightseeing transportation using buses–are classified in Industry NAICS 487110, Scenic and Sightseeing Transportation, Land;
- Providing buses for charter–are classified in Industry NAICS 485510, Charter Bus Industry;
- Operating local and suburban bus transit systems–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 485113, Bus and Other Motor Vehicle Transit Systems; and
- Operating independent bus terminals–are classified in Industry NAICS 488490, Other Support Activities for Road Transportation.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 48521
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 48521. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Bus line operation, intercity
- Intercity bus line operation
- Interstate bus line operation
- Interurban bus line operation
- Motor coach operation, interurban and rural
- Rural bus services
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 48-49: Transportation and Warehousing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 48521 | Class Codes