NAICS 5 Digit Industry 45291 – Warehouse Clubs and Supercenters
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 45291: See industry description for NAICS 452910 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 452910: This industry comprises establishments known as warehouse clubs, superstores or supercenters primarily engaged in retailing a general line of groceries in combination with general lines of new merchandise, such as apparel, furniture, and appliances.
Cross-References for Industry 45291
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 45291. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Retailing general lines of merchandise via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale–are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing a general line of food, generally known as supermarkets and grocery stores–are classified in Industry NAICS 445110, Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) Stores;
- Retailing general lines of new merchandise with little grocery item sales–are classified in Industry NAICS 452990, All Other General Merchandise Stores;
- Retailing new merchandise in discount department stores–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 452112, Discount Department Stores;
- Retailing new merchandise in department stores other than discount department stores–are classified in U.S. Industry NAICS 452111, Department Stores (except Discount Department Stores); and
- Retailing used merchandise–are classified in Industry NAICS 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 45291
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 45291. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Superstores (i.e., food and general merchandise)
- Warehouse clubs (i.e., food and general merchandise)
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 44-45: Retail Trade
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 45291 | Class Codes