NAICS 5 Digit Industry 44814 – Family Clothing Stores
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 44814: See industry description for NAICS 448140 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 448140: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing a general line of new clothing for men, women, and children, without specializing in sales for an individual gender or age group. These establishments may provide basic alterations, such as hemming, taking in or letting out seams, or lengthening or shortening sleeves.
Cross-References for Industry 44814
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 44814. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Retailing clothing for all genders via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale–are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new men’s and boys’ clothing–are classified in Industry NAICS 448110, Men’s Clothing Stores;
- Retailing new women’s, misses’, and juniors’ clothing–are classified in Industry NAICS 448120, Women’s Clothing Stores;
- Retailing new children’s and infants’ clothing–are classified in Industry NAICS 448130, Children’s and Infants’ Clothing Stores;
- Retailing specialized new apparel, such as raincoats, bridal gowns, leather coats, fur apparel, and swimwear–are classified in Industry NAICS 448190, Other Clothing Stores;
- Providing clothing alterations and repair–are classified in Industry NAICS 811490, Other Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance; and
- Retailing secondhand clothes–are classified in Industry NAICS 453310, Used Merchandise Stores.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 44814
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 44814. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Clothing stores, family
- Family clothing stores
- Unisex clothing stores
- Western wear stores
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 44-45: Retail Trade
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 44814 | Class Codes