NAICS 5 Digit Industry 44813 – Children’s and Infants’ Clothing Stores
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 44813: See industry description for NAICS 448130 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 448130: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing a general line of new children’s and infants’ clothing. These establishments may provide basic alterations, such as hemming, taking in or letting out seams, or lengthening or shortening sleeves.
Cross-References for Industry 44813
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 44813. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Retailing children’s and infants’ clothing via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale–are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Retailing new children’s and infants’ accessories–are classified in Industry NAICS 448150, Clothing Accessories Stores;
- Retailing new clothing for all genders or age groups–are classified in Industry NAICS 448140, Family Clothing Stores;
- Retailing secondhand clothes–are classified in Industry NAICS 453310, Used Merchandise Stores; and
- Providing clothing alterations and repair–are classified in Industry NAICS 811490, Other Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 44813
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 44813. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Apparel stores, children’s and infants’ clothing
- Baby clothing shops
- Clothing stores, children’s and infants’
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 44-45: Retail Trade
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 44813 | Class Codes