NAICS 5 Digit Industry 42451 – Grain and Field Bean Merchant Wholesalers
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 42451: See industry description for NAICS 424510 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 424510: This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the merchant wholesale distribution of grains, such as corn, wheat, oats, barley, and unpolished rice; dry beans; and soybeans and other inedible beans. Included in this industry are establishments primarily engaged in operating country or terminal grain elevators primarily for the purpose of wholesaling.
Cross-References for Industry 42451
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 42451. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Merchant wholesale distribution of field and garden seeds–are classified in Industry NAICS 424910, Farm Supplies Merchant Wholesalers; and
- Operating grain elevators for storage only–are classified in Industry NAICS 493130, Farm Product Warehousing and Storage.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 42451
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 42451. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Beans, dry, merchant wholesalers
- Dry beans merchant wholesalers
- Grain elevators merchant wholesalers grain
- Grain merchant wholesalers
- Rice, unpolished, merchant wholesalers
- Soybeans merchant wholesalers
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 42: Wholesale Trade
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 42451 | Class Codes