NAICS 5 Digit Industry 33271 – Machine Shops
Definition of NAICS 5 Digit Industry 33271: See industry description for NAICS 332710 below.
Industry Description of NAICS Code 332710: This industry comprises establishments known as machine shops primarily engaged in machining metal and plastic parts and parts of other composite materials on a job or order basis. Generally machine shop jobs are low volume using machine tools, such as lathes (including computer numerically controlled); automatic screw machines; and machines for boring, grinding, and milling.
Cross-References for Industry 33271
What codes are similar to this industry that might be more applicable? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes that are similar to industry 33271. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Repairing industrial machinery and equipment–are classified in Industry NAICS 811310, Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance; and
- Manufacturing parts (except on a job or order basis) for machinery and equipment–are generally classified in the same manufacturing industry that makes complete machinery and equipment.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 5-Digit Industry 33271
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with industry 33271. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Chemical milling job shops
- Machine shops
Industry Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry (Where you are now), and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code. If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 31-33: Manufacturing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS 5 Digit Industry 33271 | Class Codes