NAICS Code 333914 – Measuring, Dispensing, and Other Pumping Equipment Manufacturing
Definition of NAICS Code 333914: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) manufacturing measuring and dispensing pumps, such as gasoline pumps and lubricating oil measuring and dispensing pumps and/or (2) manufacturing general purpose pumps and pumping equipment (except fluid power pumps and motors), such as reciprocating pumps, turbine pumps, centrifugal pumps, rotary pumps, diaphragm pumps, domestic water system pumps, oil well and oil field pumps, and sump pumps.
- You can also download your own copy of the complete 2017 NAICS Classification Manual. The NAICS Manual is updated every five years. The 2017 copy will be applicable until a new edition is produced in 2022.
Cross Reference Guide for Code 333914
What codes are similar to this classification that might be a more applicable code? The cross-reference guide below displays the codes for other similar industries. Please review to find the most applicable classification.
- Manufacturing fluid power pumps and motors–are classified in U.S. Industry 333996, Fluid Power Pump and Motor Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing vacuum pumps (except laboratory)–are classified in U.S. Industry 333912, Air and Gas Compressor Manufacturing;
- Manufacturing laboratory vacuum pumps–are classified in U.S. Industry 339113, Surgical Appliance and Supplies Manufacturing; and
- Manufacturing fluid pumps for motor vehicles, such as oil pumps, water pumps, and power steering pumps–are classified in Industry Group 3363, Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing.
Other Index Entries for NAICS 333914
The North American Industry Classification System contains multiple index entries that are each descriptive of the same code. The bulleted list below shows all applicable index entries (Current and former) that are associated with this classification. These index entries further elaborate on the scope of applicable industries that have already been defined at the top of this page.
- Measuring, dispensing, and pumping equip. mfg
- Measuring, Dispensing, and Other Pumping Equipment Manufacturing
- Centrifugal pumps manufacturing
- Dispensing and measuring pumps (e.g., gasoline, lubricants) manufacturing
- Gasoline measuring and dispensing pumps manufacturing
- Oil measuring and dispensing pumps manufacturing
- Oil well and oil field pumps manufacturing
- Pumps (except fluid power), general purpose, manufacturing
- Pumps for railroad equipment lubrication systems manufacturing
- Pumps, industrial and commercial-type, general purpose, manufacturing
- Pumps, measuring and dispensing (e.g., gasoline), manufacturing
- Pumps, oil field or well, manufacturing
- Pumps, sump or water, residential-type, manufacturing
- Sump pumps, residential-type, manufacturing
Suggested Insurance Conversion Table for NAICS Code 333914
Looking for an insurance classification other than the North American Industry Classification System? If a company falls within the industry defined on this page, then the class codes mentioned below may be applicable. Please note that the bulleted cross-reference guide below is not authoritative. Users should have an insurance professional review to ensure proper insurance classification.
- NCCI WC (Varies by state): 3042
- CA WC: 3507
- DE WC: 0465
- PA WC: 465
- MI WC: 3507
- NJ WC: 3042
- NY WC: 3042
- WY WC: 333914
- GL: 52581, 52744
- SIC: 3534
Resources: Praxiom, AceGroup, TDI, California Division of Workers Compensation, Delaware Workers Compensation Manual, Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Manual, Michigan Workers’ Compensation Placement Facility: Classification Definitions, New Jersey Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Manual, New York Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, North American Industry Classification System, Florida Underwriting Guide: Commercial General Liability Classifications, Standard Industrial Classifications.
The suggested cross reference guide for NAICS code 333914 is based on our research using the resources cited above.
Correlating Code Breakdown for North American Industry Classification System
NAICS codes are broken down by digit. The broadest description starts with the 2 digit sector codes. The 3 digit subsector codes are more specific, then the 4 digit industry group, 5 digit industry, and the most specific is the 6 digit NAICS code (Where you are now). If the code on this page does not describe the industry of the business in question, then select the largest applicable code below. From there, follow through the progression of smaller digits to the larger digits in order to obtain the most specific 6 digit classification.
- Sector 31-33: Manufacturing
- Subsector 333: Machinery Manufacturing
- Industry Group 3339: Other General Purpose Machinery Manufacturing
- Industry 33392: Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333914: Measuring, Dispensing, and Other Pumping Equipment Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333922: Conveyor and Conveying Equipment Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333923: Overhead Traveling Crane, Hoist, and Monorail System Manufacturing
- 6 Digit Code(s) NAICS 333924: Industrial Truck, Tractor, Trailer, and Stacker Machinery Manufacturing
Other helpful NAICS Downloads
View the download page for the material below.
- The North American Industry Classification System (PDF)
- 2017 NAICS Structure with Change Indicator (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Descriptions (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 6-Digit Codes (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Structure Summary Table (XLS)
- 2017 NAICS Cross Reference (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2012 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2012 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2012 2-6 Digit Code File (XLS)
- 2012 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to 2007 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS to 2002 NAICS Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2007 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2007 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2007 NAICS Index File (XLS)
- 2007 6 Digit NAICS Code File (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS to SIC Crosswalk (XLS)
- 2002 NAICS Manual Definitions (PDF)
- 2002 6-Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
- 2002 2-6 Digit NAICS Code File (TXT)
NAICS Code 333914