California Work Comp Class Codes
Need to find California workers compensation class codes? California is under the jurisdiction of the California Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau (WCIRB), and uses the California Workers Compensation Uniform Statistical Reporting Plan. See the applicable lists on the bulleted items below.
You can view the following lists that are published online by the governing authorities:
- List of standard classifications in numerical order (WCIRB)
- List of standard classifications in alphabetical order (WCIRB)
- WCIRB Classification Search (WCIRB)
- California workers compensation rates .PDF (California Department of Insurance)
- Download of Workers Compensation Code List in .XLS format (California Department of Insurance
Disclaimer for California Workers’ Compensation Class Codes
State-by-State Reference Guide
Looking for workers’ compensation codes for a state other than California? Click on a state below to view the correlating index of works’ comp class codes.
You can also find individual pages for NCCI workers’ compensation codes and NAICS codes by using the search bar below.
List of California Workers’ Compensation Class Codes
This page contains an exhaustive California workers compensation code list, utilizing paginated tabs. Tab 0 contains the (Four digit) CA workers compensation codes that begin with “0,” Tab 1 contains CA workers compensation codes that begin with “1,” tab 2 contains CA workers compensation codes that begin with “2,” and so forth. On mobile devices, tabs are shown on the bottom of the page.
About the WCIRB
The WCIRB produces the following resources to assist parties involved in California workers compensation.
- California Basic Underwriting Manual – You can order this manual from WCIRB by filling out the following form.
- California Workers Compensation Experience Rating Plan – You can obtain an electronic version of the most recent edition of this publication by filling out this form.
- California Workers Compensation Insurance Forms Manual – You can obtain this manual by filling out the following form.
- You can obtain access to other WCIRB products and services by visiting: http://www.wcirb.com/products-and-services/product-list.
Top 10 California Workers Compensation Companies By Premiums Written
Need a California workers compensation quote? Below is a list of the top 10 workers compensation insurance providers in the state of California by premiums written.
|Company Name||Premiums Written||Premiums Earned||Loss Ratio||Loss & Cost Containment Ratio||Market Share||Cumulative Market Share|
|STATE COMPENSATION INS FUND||1,528,879||1,686,279||81.55%||96.53%||13.39%||13.39%|
|BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY GRP||1,135,946||1,099,688||49.88%||59.55%||9.95%||23.34%|
|AMTRUST NGH GRP||700,510||660,505||44.80%||55.85%||6.13%||35.68%|
|HARTFORD FIRE & CAS GRP||622,063||627,040||77.27%||86.51%||5.45%||41.12%|
|ZURICH INS GRP||590,838||591,631||88.37%||107.49%||5.17%||46.30%|
|AMERICAN INTL GRP||570,361||571,155||63.70%||80.91%||5.00%||51.29%|
|AMERICAN ASSETS GRP||533,859||530,186||43.55%||54.46%||4.68%||55.97%|
|FAIRFAX FIN GRP||425,616||426,759||31.56%||38.62%||3.73%||59.70%|
|EMPLOYERS HOLDINGS GRP||414,552||416,793||60.85%||72.17%||3.63%||63.33%|
California Premium Rate Ranking
The state of California has the highest workers’ compensation premiums rates, according to the Oregon premium rate ranking study. They have maintained the same position as the previous rate ranking, which was also 1st. Workers’ compensation premiums in California cost 176% of the national median.
California Workers’ Compensation Rates by Class Code
The estimated California workers’ compensation rates by class code below are part of the Oregon workers’ compensation premium rate ranking study. You can view their study by clicking on the images below.
Note from the Author
Hello everybody! I hope this free-content site has been helpful to you! I would love to opportunity to work with you to see if we can help lower your payroll administrative costs. We offer outrageous customer service and build custom payroll solutions to fit the needs of your company (Not the other way around). Lets get in touch to see if we can solve a problem while saving you time and money.
California Workers Compensation Class Codes